2.12.2008

Most Simple Tip Ever

Okay friends, and random cyber stalkers (oh, how I flatter myself) here is, perhaps, the most simple tip I will give. And what do you come here for if not for simple environmental tips? Or because I've asked you really nicely and you're a good friend, or because you need something else to laugh about behind my back.

I live in NY and probably abuse my take-out options more than I should. That being the case, I have started asking food establishments to not include utensils and condiment packets. Seriously, how many packets of mustard can I build up when I have two huge bottles in the fridge? (thanks Target)

I have recently decided to try and take this to the next level, and I realize that some eateries may not be cool with this, but if you have favorite joints you like to haunt, or if you eat at eco-friendly establishments and are ordering take-out, ask if you can bring in your own dish. Okay, maybe you don't want to take your tupperware out of your home, but it truly is such a simple way you can cut down on waste. If this isn't an option, then asking restaurants to exclude the plastic utensils, ketchup, mustard, salt, pepper, etc. that you already have at home and probably don't need is a great first step in reducing your waste.

No comments: