3.12.2008

Dummer

I want to try and stay away from making this blog too pop culture heavy, because the last thing we need is another person talking about what stupid thing celebrities did today.  However, Perez Hilton wrote an interesting blog about the Governator and I must give credit where credit is due.  His blog links to a story in the Sacramento Bee about the subject, which I believe is my first link within a link.

Apparently Arnold flies between his LA mansion and his Sacramento office...DAILY.

His staff says he purchases carbon credits to offset the effect.  I get purchasing carbon credits for the electricity you use in your home, you know, to keep it warm in the winter.  But for DAILY flights?  

This is the same man who is, in essence, responsible for the Hummer being a commercial vehicle.

Tip of the day: Don't drive a Hummer.  If I see you driving a Hummer, find out you rode in one, or hear you speak of liking a Hummer, I will be VERY tempted to push you in front of one. 


2 comments:

Indira said...

So let me get this straight. We can't send death threats to Rep Kern, but it's cool to throw Hummer fans in front of moving vehicles? Right. That's what I thought. Just as long as we're all in agreement. BTW: Read an article on BMWs renewed interest in an all-electric car for the US market. Goose bumps! http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/03/12/will-the-u-s-get-a-bmw-electric-car-decision-coming-later-this/

EverydayEnvironmentalist said...

Good point Indira. Now I have to decide which is wrong, advising people not to send death threats to Kern, or pushing people in front Hummers. Hmmm...this is a toughy, I'll have to get back to you.

Thanks for the link to the blog! I'm going to check out now.