3.18.2008

A Village to Save the World


I do believe it takes a village to raise a child, but it certainly helps to have two awesome parents in the mix. My environmentalism was instilled in me by two very responsible parents (actually, come to think of it, when I reflect on how amazing my parents are, I should be a WAY better person than I am). My mom is a fan of my blog – she’s totally unbiased, by the way – and sent me a few links she suggested I highlight:

Green Seal is “an independent non-profit organization dedicated to safeguard the environment and transforming the marketplace by promoting the use of environmentally responsible products and services.”

Green Seal serves a similar purpose to organizations that certify organic food. By being an outside organization they can objectively rate products as being green. The website makes it easy to find certified products as well as register products/services if you are a environmentally responsible manufacturer.

No comments: