3.13.2008

Air-Brained Idea

My roommate just got back from London and she was telling me that about this article she read in the plane's magazine regarding simple green tips. I am reposting one because it is so simple and such a great idea that I am sad I didn't think of it myself, but happy someone else did!

Showering in the morning is great, one of the best of life's simple pleasures. Stepping into a warm, steaming hot shower is matched by few other visceral experiences. However, showers never starts steaming hot, and one always ends letting a few gallons go wastefully down the drain as the cold water flushes from the pipes. And understandably so, who wants a cold shower?

The quick fix suggested for this is to put a bucket in the shower and let the cold water run into it, then use it to water your plants. Sure, plants don't need watering everyday, but if you did this once a week, you would save the water that would normally go down the drain as well the water you would use to quench the thirst of your plants. Being green is so easy sometimes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that it is brillant. Think of all that water you waste. It could be useful for watering pets too!! Good tips! Keep up the good work:)