3.03.2008

Black is the new...

I’m playing around with the format of the blog currently, so please bear with me.

Although the original blog was green to go along with the theme (I’m very subtle therefore hard to truly understand sometimes), I realized I was being counter productive by not embracing the same philosophy as my home page.

Blackle also believes that small, everyday steps can help save the environment, and so far, they have almost 500,000 watt hours to back them up.

Image display uses more energy on your computer than any other function, and it takes a lot more energy to display white than it does to display black.

According to Blackle, if you set it as your homepage “every time you load your Internet browser you will save a little bit of energy. Remember every bit counts! You will also be reminded about the need to save energy each time you see the Blackle page load.”
Also, I love it, because it’s creation was inspired by a blog. Seriously. Google read the following blog, and listened. How many other billion dollar corporations can say that.
Ecoiron.blogspot.com

No comments: