3.10.2008

Holy...

I’m not sure I can remember the last time the Vatican and I agreed on something. In fact, the Holy See and I may have never found ourselves on the same side of an issue. Well, there is love thy neighbor and all that, however, I feel like they have wandered pretty far from that doctrine.

However, last week I posted a blog that was a call to arms for Christians to be more environmentally minded (not my most popular blog, but I still feel it brought up some good points). Well, either the pope is a fan of my blog (thanks Benedict) or I’m psychic, or perhaps I just have my finger to the pulse. Regardless, the Vatican has listed ecological offenses as new social sins and has even gone as far as to use solar cells to produce electricity for the Vatican. In all fairness, the Pope did also denounce stem cell research, which I do not agree with (especially since research can be done with umbilical cord blood), but like I said, it is a cold day in…well you know, when the Vatican and I agree.

No comments: